By Dawn Shuler
Running an online business requires a ton of marketing… even some things you might not consider marketing. Article writing, blogging, social media updates, sales page copy, campaign emails, video scripts, networking elevator speeches, bios…
It can be overwhelming when you think about it. Sometimes it even seems easier to just not do anything.
Here are five strategies to help you simplify your marketing plans – and to make sure you continue to market!
- The first – and the key to any project – is to break down your marketing into bite-sized small pieces. Then, take one task at a time. And if you’re a list maker, then each of those pieces is an individual task – much nicer to your psyche as you try to get things done, and you get to cross off those to-do items more often!
- If you have graphics (or other pieces) to go along with an article, blog post, or sales page, take care of those first. Have your graphics designer create the graphics. Take the picture and upload it to your blog platform. Send the photo to your virtual assistant that will go along with your article that you’ll send later.
- If you’re writing an ezine that has different sections (Note from Me, promotion, What’s Coming Next, etc.), write one of those. They have to be done anyway, and there’s nothing saying you have to write your entire ezine in one sitting (and, actually, you shouldn’t!).
- Create checklists for various activities you do over and over. When you have a process that you follow each time, instead of recreating the wheel, it makes the tasks in that process easier to digest, and things don’t feel so overwhelming. Everything has a process, by the way: from writing and publishing an ezine to launching a new product. Next time, document the process, and then you’ll have a handy checklist to work from in the future.
- Batch like tasks. If you have to write blog posts, articles, sales copy, responses to potential clients, do all of one type of work at once. You’ll get into a rhythm, and you’ll be more efficient. Each time you have to switch from one kind of task to another, you’re using up time and mental energy.
What are some of your favorite tips and strategies for getting your marketing done – easily and quickly?
To get your FREE 13-step Writing From Your Soul system and from-your-soul tips and resources, just enter your name and email address below!